Master the nuances of oil and gas accounting, valuation, and financial modeling with detailed, step-by-step video training. These are skills that are NOT taught in undergraduate or MBA programs, but they are skills that any oil & gas group will expect you to know in interviews and on the job.
- Quickly grasp “real life” concepts and skills through a detailed case study of Exxon Mobil’s $41 billion acquisition of XTO Energy – one of the largest and most important energy M&A deals ever. This is not “academic financial theory,” but exactly what you do in real life at a bank.
- Dominate your interviews. For your convenience, we provide 15 quick reference guide PDFs and 7 Overview lessons on the topics most likely to come up in interviews. Skip to exactly what you need and review all the concepts in short order – even if your interview is tomorrow and you just found out about it 5 minutes ago.
- Learn how to use oil and gas equity research and SEC filings. Everything in the program is integrated with real SEC filings and equity research from banks like JP Morgan, Credit Suisse, and Deutsche Bank. And you’ll learn exactly how to pull relevant information, adjust for non-recurring charges, and align your numbers with Wall Street consensus estimates.
- Oil & Gas Accounting, 3-Statement Modeling, Valuation, Merger Models, and LBO Models. These are the fundamental skills you’ll need if you want to work in an oil & gas group in Investment Banking, Private Equity, or at a Hedge Fund. And you’ll leap ahead of the curve by mastering them before you start working – plus, coverage of additional industry-specific topics such as production and reserves, the Net Asset Value (NAV) Model, and estimating the impact of hedging.
- Course Certification. After completing the course material, you’re eligible to take our Certification Quiz. Once you pass the quiz, you’ll be issued a Certificate that you can add to your resume / CV and refer to in interviews. So you won’t just possess these skills, but you’ll be able to prove you possess these skills. Bankers love that.
What You Get… And What The BIWS Oil & Gas Modeling Course Will Do For You…
- Overview and Operating Model lessons teach you how to project and work with production and reserves… successful efforts vs. full cost accounting… and how to link revenue and expenses to hedging, price realization, and unit of production assumptions; a complex debt schedule and alternative operating model for Exxon Mobil are also covered.
- Valuation module covers public comps and precedent transactions for energy companies…the key metrics and multiples to use… how a DCF is different… and how to create a full Net Asset Value (NAV) model based on data in SEC filings and equity research.
- Merger Model lessons teach you how to use the actual Exxon Mobil – XTO Merger Agreement to make assumptions… how to combine the 3 statements for oil & gas companies… and how acquisition effects, synergies, contribution analyses, and accretion/dilution differ for energy companies.
- LBO Modeling module covers the key differences when modeling oil & gas companies… how to modify XTO’s debt schedules to support refinancing and 7 new debt tranches… and how to analyze returns based on commodity prices.
- The entire course is integrated with real SEC filings and equity research from banks like JP Morgan, Credit Suisse, and Deutsche Bank – so you’ll learn how to use all of those as you would in real life at a bank.
The information you’ll find is so detailed and so thorough that our regular customers come from top-ranked universities, investment banks, and business schools.
Once you’ve completed the training, here’s what you can immediately add to your resume / CV:
Oil & Gas Modeling (Breaking Into Wall Street) Online Financial Modeling Training Program
- Completed oil & gas modeling training, based on case study of Exxon Mobil’s $41 billion acquisition of XTO Energy; built oil & gas operating model, valuation, merger model, and LBO model
- Built operating models for both Exxon Mobil and XTO Energy, based on multiple scenarios for commodity prices, hedging, and fixed and variable expenses; also created debt schedule to handle possible refinancing
- Valued XTO Energy using Net Asset Value (NAV) Model, DCF, and public comps and precedent transactions using multiples such as EV / EBITDAX, EV / Proved Reserves, and EV / Production
- Built merger model for deal, including assumptions based on exchange ratio used in deal and potential synergies; calculated both general-purpose and oil & gas-specific accretion/dilution metrics
- Created leveraged buyout (LBO) model for XTO Energy and used results to understand why buyouts of natural resource companies are rare
You can print out the models from this course and during the interview, you can describe exactly what you learned in the training – you know how important it is to set yourself apart.
Add your Certificate of Achievement to your resume and present it in interviews to set yourself apart from others.
We also make sure employers know that this is a serious qualification: Your certificate will contain a link where prospective employers can review what’s on our exams and what you must master to receive certification.
Unlike other training companies that “issue certifications,” our process is completely transparent: you can literally point to the exact questions you had to answer to pass the quiz and become certified.
Once interviewers see you really do have the “chops” to be a banker, your chances of hiring success go way, WAY up.