This strategy course is designed specifically for financial analysts. While it’s open to students from any background (consulting, sales, HR, etc), it’s tailored to demonstrate how strategic analysis can be tied to a Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) model and other types of financial modeling. Professionals who will get the most value from this class include investment banking, equity research, corporate development, equity research, and private equity.
You are expected to have either completed the stated prerequisite course(s) or possess the equivalent knowledge prior to enrolling in this course:
Corporate & Business Strategy Course Overview
Strategy matters to all operating companies, as it is a major determinant of the success of their business. This Corporate & Business Strategy course will cover the most important terminologies, theories, concepts, and frameworks on strategy. The course is designed to guide you through a comprehensive strategic analysis process, and demonstrate the application of theories into real-world business situations.
Strategy Class Learning Objectives
- Understand how the strategic analysis process helps decision-makers perform in-depth analyses and identify optimal strategic alternatives
- Differentiate between the three levels of strategy (corporate, business, and functional)
- Perform external analysis by looking at the supply chain, mapping out strategic groups, building competitive forces model and analyzing PEST factors
- Perform internal analysis by understanding a company’s core competencies, competitive advantage, value chain activities and ways to sustain competitive advantages
- Assess a company’s current corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies
- Learn how to generate, evaluate and select optimal strategic alternatives through methods such as SWOT analysis, DCF analysis, and multi-criteria analysis
- Tie strategic alternatives to a company’s mission, vision, and goals
- Apply all theories taught in the lectures into a case study and generate the appropriate strategies using the provided information
Why Take This Corporate & Business Strategy Course
CFI’s Corporate & Business Strategy course is beyond just academic definitions, theories and concepts — you will take raw data and information provided in the case study, perform analyses as guided through the video lectures, and build strategic alternatives based on the result of your analyses. At the end of the day, you will be able to create a detailed strategy document, describing the entire strategic analysis process from external analysis to the recommendation of strategic alternatives, which can then be presented to the management board of the company.
As a professional financial analyst, the ability to demonstrate both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills is a valuable asset to possess, which allows you to stand out from the competition. Enroll now to learn how to perform a comprehensive strategic analysis of a business from scratch!