You are expected to have either completed the stated prerequisite course(s) or possess the equivalent knowledge prior to enrolling in this course:
Learn the fundamentals of Excel modeling online from professional Wall Street trainers. This four-part Excel fundamentals course provides tips and tricks for Excel model builders, gives advice on how to audit your financial models, demonstrates how to use better formulas, and shows you how to monitor and handle uncertainty using scenarios planning.
Excel tips and tricks
- Learn how to speed up your Excel modeling skills by using keystroke navigation
- Significantly improve how you can edit your worksheet by learning how to use editing shortcuts in Excel 2003, 2007 and 2010
- Develop the skill every model builder needs in editing and modeling your spreadsheet in mere minutes
Better formulas for financial modeling
- Build flexibility into financial forecasts
- Break down complex calculations
- Minimize errors in Excel models
- Understand Excel function syntax
Auditing a financial model
- Learn how to quickly and easily find errors and audit a spreadsheet
- Understand how the auditing toolbar can help make your spreadsheet error-free
- Learn how to use test data to uncover errors
Included in this module is a PDF – Excel Shortcuts Reference Guide for both PC and MAC – that can be used while taking the course and downloaded to your computer for future reference.
Catering for uncertainty in the model
- Learn how to perform sensitivity analysis
- Understand how data tables and goal seek can facilitate your model building process
- Learn how to measure the impact of future uncertainty on cash flows and profit with scenario planning
- Learn how to use scenario and solver tools to see how certain inputs can impact your model
More about the Excel financial modeling fundamentals course
This Excel modeling fundamentals course is designed for professionals working in equity research, investment banking, corporate development, financial planning and analysis (FP&A) and other areas of finance and accounting.
Note: This course does not offer a certificate. It is an optional prerequisite for the Building a Financial Model in Excel course which will allow you to earn our Financial Modeling Certificate.