The Bionic Turtle FRM Forum
The Office section of the forum consists of important announcements about our website, the forum and our study materials, and is part of the free portion of the forum. You will want to make sure to visit this section regularly to make sure you don’t miss out on important information. Here are a few important threads that you will find in this section:
- Curriculum Analysis Spreadsheet: Each year, we analyze the new GARP curriculum to make note of which readings have been updated, added or removed.
- Part 1 & Part 2 Updated Materials List: We update content throughout the exam year, and we create these lists to help our subscribers to easily reference the materials that have been updated or added.
- Publishing Process: This explains our process of preparing and publishing the materials, which change each year with the new curriculum.
- Weekly Forum Contest: This is the fun area of our forum! Each week, we give stars to those who participate in the forum. At the end of the week, we randomly choose two participants, and they are awarded a prize!
- Daily Practice Questions: Each week, Monday through Thursday, David writes fresh and unique practice questions.
- David’s Notebook: David posts his weekly Week in Risk here, and other information that he believes will be useful to our subscribers.
- FAQ’s: Here we have compiled some of the most frequently asked questions regarding the FRM exam and Bionic Turtle.
Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
FRM Practice Questions (PQ)
We recently added the Resources Section to our forum, and we are excited to share it with all of our members! We have added the GARP readings for the current issues topic of the curriculum so they are readily available when you begin studying this topic. Moving forward, we will be adding more resources to this section, including anything that we feel is an important addition to your FRM studies and anything risk related that we find interesting. If you have suggestions about anything that you think could be added to this section, we would love to hear your recommendations also! Feel free to email suggestions to email@example.com!
Four Ways to use the Bionic Turtle Forum to Enhance Your Studies
- Keep the forum open when going through the study materials. Our forum adds tremendous value to your studies. It is inevitable that while going through your study materials, at some point, you will come across a concept that will make your head spin! This is when having the forum in front of you will help you to keep from going crazy trying to figure out the concept yourself. With the forum being so neatly organized, you can quickly find the concept that is giving you trouble. You can read through the discussions, ask a question if necessary, and move on more quickly than you would be able to without the forum.
- Use the search function. The search function in the forum is extremely helpful when you know exactly what you are looking for. Typing in only a few keywords will bring up many threads in the forum, which contain an abundance of information. This helps you to save time since you are not having to search through many threads to look for a specific concept. The search function can also be utilized when you find a practice question that does not include a forum link. As previously stated, we do include a forum link on the answer page of the practice questions. However, once in a while you may come across a question that does not have a link. Copying the first few words of the practice question into the search box will bring up the original forum link to that specific question. We also encourage you to use the search function before posting a new thread. Many times, you will find that your question has already been answered. This helps to avoid duplicate posts about the same question, and it also prevents you from having to wait on an answer. If your question is already answered, you can move on quickly to the next concept.
- Ask Questions! Like I said above, there is no such thing as a dumb question…..period! Everyone is here to learn the concepts of the FRM exam. It is a difficult exam with a huge number of concepts that need to be learned in a short period of time. Asking questions in the forum is the best way to understand a concept that is hard to understand. David and other members are great at taking a difficult concept and breaking it down until you are able to understand it. I have watched many of our subscribers come in completely confused about something, and after their question is answered in detail, a light bulb goes off and they finally get it!
- Answer Questions. When you answer another members questions, you are actually helping yourself also! If you find questions that you know the answer to, answering them will help you to confirm that you understand the concept so there are no doubts. It also begins a discussion in the forum among numerous members that can be helpful to you, as it can bring up more detailed answers from other members that you may not have been aware of.
Participation in the Bionic Turtle forum is extremely rewarding, and many of our members have stated that they couldn’t have passed the FRM exam without it! There is so much information in our forum, and your participation only makes it better! Each day, as new discussions are posted, it creates more information for FRM exam candidates to reference. The Bionic Turtle team is eager to help all FRM candidates to successfully pass the FRM exam and retain the concepts that they have learned so they can use them in the future. Our team is not just here to help you pass the test. We want to provide a life-long understanding of the FRM concepts, and hope that your journey with us is a great one! Create a free account to begin using the Bionic Turtle forum!