Why is Financial Risk Management Right for Me?
Earning your Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) certification with accreditation from the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP®) will prepare you for success. You’ll be able to work within financial markets, understanding industry requirements like the global association of risk, operational risk, and credit risk, all while having strong investment management skills.
Benefits of Having a Certified FRM® Designation
- Recognition: The FRM is the gold standard for financial risk; it is the best known and most respected designation.
- Global standard: Certified FRM’s are employed by most major global banks, government regulators, consulting firms, insurance organizations, and financial service institutions around the world.
- Lifelong network: GARP’s platform (anchored in FRM) expands professional opportunities with a network of some of the most prominent finance and risk professionals.
- Resume component: Completing many hours of study and mastering a challenging exam signals a visible commitment to the risk management profession and improves your professional development.
- Quantitative and technical aptitude: Certified FRM’s demonstrate fluency in core quantitative domains including statistics, valuation, time series, and risk modeling, among others.
- Holistic grasp: The emergent approach to risk as a holistic, interdisciplinary approach that FRM’s take is a forward-looking goal of many professional organizations.
- Dynamic appeal: A professional with an FRM designation is proficient in the evolution and interplay of market, credit and operational risk.
- Ethical standard: As all professionals with FRM certifications are expected to adhere to clear ethical principles, the designation signals an enhanced commitment to professional integrity.
- Balances yield- and return-oriented credentials: In the wake of the Global Financial Crisis (GFC), many financial services firms have elevated non-compliance risk management as an essential competency that needs to be formalized and prioritized.
- Career opportunities: Individuals who change careers from non-risk roles often take the FRM exam and become certified to broaden their opportunities, including in positions outside of financial services.
- Practical: Academics find practical value in the FRM exam, which is practitioner-driven and aims to demonstrate an ability to master complex and real-world challenges.
Why Should I Obtain My FRM Certification?
Many financial risk candidates have a difficult time deciding which designation would be best for them. There are many reasons that candidates should take the GARP FRM exam and pursue their certification to become a financial risk manager.
Passing the FRM exam makes you stand out from others who do not have their FRM certification!...
FRM Exam Overview, Registration Guide and Deadlines
To become a Certified FRM, candidates must pass the very difficult Financial Risk Management (FRM) exam. Candidates also have to complete two years of work experience. We put together this helpful FRM Exam Overview to help you understand the process...
FRM Exam Preparation Tips and Recommendations
Many of Bionic Turtle’s members have provided feedback with suggestions on the best practices for FRM exam preparation. Whether you use Bionic Turtle’s materials solely for your FRM exam preparation, or as a supplement to the GARP core books, depends on your individual education and...
What Your Colleagues Are Saying
I took the exam in Sydney and had a similar feeling about the exam being more qualitative (but no less rigorous). However, I felt I was better prepared thanks to the BT's relentless focus on throwing real life examples and methods.
I subscribed to BT for my Part 1 FRM exam and just wanted to say thanks for the depth and breadth of the study materials and practice questions. I found out that I scored in the top quartile of every topic and I absolutely could not have done this without using BT - I spent many, many hours going over the practice questions and answers! I wanted to express my appreciation and gratitude to your team for your hard work in creating these materials. Thanks!
The BT scripts, practice questions, global topic drills and mock exams were a great help in understanding the concepts (which I could already apply on the job!) and where structured in such a manner that the breadth and depth where optimal for exam preparation - clearly the exam would have been a catastrophe without BT!
Passed first time. Happy all the hard work paid off. BT was the right choice. Thanks David and Nicole for your work and commitment.
Passed! 1,4,1,2,1,4! Thank you David and Nicole for your efforts! Thank you BT! Couldn't have done it otherwise. I'm a mechanical engineer who had a career in petroleum services, then I decided to switch career to financial risk management. Passed part 1 from the first time with top quartiles and passed part 2 from the first time as well. All with BT! BT is always the recommendation I give to people aiming at the FRM designation! Thank you again!
Passed Part I and Part II first time - absolutely could not have done it without BT. Like a few others I didn't even both buying the GARP books for Part II and went solely with BT materials. Just read, answered questions, watched videos, read, more questions, and... more questions! All the practice question taking looked to pay off. Thanks again Bionic Turtle for a great curriculum. Keep up the fantastic work!