Many financial risk candidates have a difficult time deciding which designation would be best for them. There are many reasons that candidates should take the GARP FRM exam and pursue their certification to become a financial risk manager.
Passing the FRM exam makes you stand out from others who do not have their FRM certification!
This FRM certification provides you with a great advantage when applying and interviewing for FRM jobs because employers look for those who have passed the FRM exam and successfully obtained their certification.
Benefits of Obtaining an FRM Certification
- Recognition. The FRM certification is easily the best known and most respected designation for financial risk (in recent years, it has emerged as the gold standard in risk).
- Global Standard. Certified FRMs are employed by almost every major global bank, government regulator, consulting firm, insurance, and financial services institution around the world.
- Lifelong Network. GARP’s platform (anchored in the FRM) expands professional opportunities with a network of some of the most prominent finance and risk professionals.
- Resume Component. Completing many hours of self-study and mastering the very tough FRM exam signals a visible commitment to the risk management profession.
- Quantitative and Technical Aptitude. Certified FRMs demonstrate fluency in core quantitative domains including statistics, valuation, time series, and risk modeling.
- Holistic Grasp. Certified FRMs have studied the emergent approach to risk as a holistic, interdisciplinary approach that is the forward-looking goal of many organizations.
- Dynamic Appeal. As the art and science of financial risk evolves, the FRM designation indicates proficiency in dynamic evolution and interplay of market, credit and operational risk.
- Ethical Standard. Because all Certified FRMs are expected to adhere to articulated ethical principles, the FRM designation signals an additional commitment to professional integrity.
- Balances Yield and Return-Oriented Credentials. In the wake of the Global Financial Crisis (GFC), many financial services firms have elevated non-compliance risk management as an essential competency that needs to be formalized and prioritized.
- Career Opportunities. Career changers–e. g., those previously working in non-risk roles–often pursue the FRM certification in order to broaden their opportunities as the FRM continues to grow rapidly in recognition. This increasingly includes opportunities outside of financial services.
- Practical. Students with an academic background may appreciate that the FRM exam is informed by a realistic orientation. The FRM exam is practitioner-driven and aims to demonstrate an ability to master complex and real-world challenges.
Anyone who is pursuing a career as a certified financial risk manager must take the FRM exam, as it provides the knowledge, skills, and understanding that is required in the financial risk field.
Stand out from your peers and register to take the FRM exam today and let Bionic Turtle provide you with the knowledge that is necessary to pass the exam! View our study packages here: https://www.bionicturtle.com/features-pricing-2/.