Why Should I Obtain My FRM® Certification?
Many financial risk candidates have a difficult time deciding which designation would be best for them. There are many reasons that candidates should take the GARP® FRM exam and pursue their certification to become a financial risk manager.
Passing the FRM exam makes you stand out from others who do not have their FRM certification!
This FRM certification provides you with a great advantage when applying and interviewing for FRM jobs because employers look for those who have passed the FRM exam and obtained their certification.
Benefits of Obtaining an FRM® Certification
- Recognition. The FRM certification is the best known and most respected designation for financial risk (recently, it has emerged as the gold standard in risk).
- Global Standard. Certified FRMs are employed by almost every major global bank, government regulator, consulting firm, insurance, and financial services institution around the world.
- Lifelong Network. GARP’s platform expands professional opportunities with a network of some of the most prominent finance and risk professionals.
- Resume Component. Completing many hours of self-study and mastering the very tough FRM exam signals a commitment to the risk management profession.
- Quantitative and Technical Aptitude. Certified FRMs demonstrate fluency in core quantitative domains including statistics, valuation, time series, and risk modeling.
- Holistic Grasp. Certified FRMs have studied the emergent approach to risk as a holistic, interdisciplinary approach that is the forward-looking goal of many organizations.
- Dynamic Appeal. As the art and science of financial risk evolve, the FRM designation indicates proficiency in dynamic evolution and interplay of market, credit and operational risk.
- Ethical Standard. Because all Certified FRMs are expected to adhere to specific ethical principles, the FRM designation signals a commitment to professional integrity.
- Balances Yield and Return-Oriented Credentials. In the wake of the Global Financial Crisis (GFC), many financial services firms have elevated non-compliance risk management as an essential competency that needs to be formalized and prioritized.
- Career Opportunities. Career changers–e. g., those previously working in non-risk roles–often pursue the FRM certification in order to broaden their opportunities as the FRM continues to grow in recognition. This includes opportunities outside of financial services.
- Practical. Students with an academic background may appreciate that the FRM exam is informed by a realistic orientation. The FRM exam is practitioner-driven and demonstrates an ability to master complex and real-world challenges.
Anyone who is pursuing a career as a certified financial risk manager must take the FRM exam, as it provides the knowledge, skills, and understanding that is required in the financial risk field.
Stand out from your peers and register to take the FRM exam today and let Bionic Turtle provide you with the knowledge that is necessary to pass the exam! View our study packages here: https://www.bionicturtle.com/shop-courses/.
Why Should I Obtain My FRM Certification?
Many financial risk candidates have a difficult time deciding which designation would be best for them. There are many reasons that candidates should take the GARP FRM exam and pursue their certification to become a financial risk manager.
Passing the FRM exam makes you stand out from others who do not have their FRM certification!...
FRM Exam Overview, Registration Guide and Deadlines
To become a Certified FRM, candidates must pass the very difficult Financial Risk Management (FRM) exam. Candidates also have to complete two years of work experience. We put together this helpful FRM Exam Overview to help you understand the process...
FRM Exam Preparation Tips and Recommendations
Many of Bionic Turtle’s members have provided feedback with suggestions on the best practices for FRM exam preparation. Whether you use Bionic Turtle’s materials solely for your FRM exam preparation, or as a supplement to the GARP core books, depends on your individual education and...
What Your Colleagues Are Saying
I took the exam in Sydney and had a similar feeling about the exam being more qualitative (but no less rigorous). However, I felt I was better prepared thanks to the BT's relentless focus on throwing real life examples and methods.
I subscribed to BT for my Part 1 FRM exam and just wanted to say thanks for the depth and breadth of the study materials and practice questions. I found out that I scored in the top quartile of every topic and I absolutely could not have done this without using BT - I spent many, many hours going over the practice questions and answers! I wanted to express my appreciation and gratitude to your team for your hard work in creating these materials. Thanks!
The BT scripts, practice questions, global topic drills and mock exams were a great help in understanding the concepts (which I could already apply on the job!) and where structured in such a manner that the breadth and depth where optimal for exam preparation - clearly the exam would have been a catastrophe without BT!
Passed first time. Happy all the hard work paid off. BT was the right choice. Thanks David and Nicole for your work and commitment.
Passed! 1,4,1,2,1,4! Thank you David and Nicole for your efforts! Thank you BT! Couldn't have done it otherwise. I'm a mechanical engineer who had a career in petroleum services, then I decided to switch career to financial risk management. Passed part 1 from the first time with top quartiles and passed part 2 from the first time as well. All with BT! BT is always the recommendation I give to people aiming at the FRM designation! Thank you again!
Passed Part I and Part II first time - absolutely could not have done it without BT. Like a few others I didn't even both buying the GARP books for Part II and went solely with BT materials. Just read, answered questions, watched videos, read, more questions, and... more questions! All the practice question taking looked to pay off. Thanks again Bionic Turtle for a great curriculum. Keep up the fantastic work!