Context for Pass Rates
BT’s 73% pass rate:
- The cumulative average of our most recent three surveys
- The question asked was: “Did you pass the exam?”
- The sample consists of approximately 1,200 survey respondents; of course, we cannot control for response (aka, self-reporting) bias
GARP’s average pass rate:
This is the first update to the chart since March 2020 when the WHO declared COVID-19 to be a pandemic. This new chart adds pass rates for 2020 (but October replaces the May slot) and May 2021. Both recent pass rates were slightly above their respective long-term averages.
Unlike the CFA exam (their P1 pass rate famously plunged to 25% due to deferral cohorts), we observe no effects due to the pandemic’s exogenous shock. In regard to May 2021, please note the following:
- The Part 1 (P1) pass rate was 47%. This is near (i.e., only 0.32 standard deviations above) its long-term average.
Specifically, μ(P1) = 45.8% with σ(P1) = 3.7%
- The Part 2 (P2) pass rate was 59%. This is near (i.e., only 0.61 standard deviations above) its long-term average.
Specifically, μ(P2) = 56.9% with σ(P2) = 3.4%.
See the table below for historical pass rates from GARP:
Discuss pass rates here in our forum: https://www.bionicturtle.com/forum/threads/what-is-the-pass-rate-for-the-frm.10093/
Buy a Subscription
- Bionic Turtle offers study packages for Part 1 and Part 2. We also offer three different levels within those two parts depending on the materials that you would like to access.
- After purchasing one of our packages, you will have access to the materials in the study planner, including updates, for one year.
- We offer upgrades if you find that you would like access to more materials after you have purchased one of the basic or advanced packages.
- Our Shop FRM page provides information and pricing on all of the packages that we offer.
- Bionic Turtle’s Forum is a great place to ask questions. There are many previous and current FRM candidates who are involved in active discussions that are very informative!
- Visit our Study Planner for free samples of our materials so you know exactly what you are purchasing.
- Our FAQ page will answer questions that you may have before purchasing a subscription.