Context for Pass Rates
BT’s 73% pass rate:
- The cumulative average of our most recent three surveys
- The question asked was: “Did you pass the exam?”
- The sample consists of approximately 1,200 survey respondents; of course, we cannot control for response (aka, self-reporting) bias
GARP’s average 46/56% pass rate:
- This is now a 10-year sample (20 exams; starting with May 2010 when the FRM split into two parts)!
- The Part 1 pass rate of 45.9% happens to be coincident with its long-term average
- The Part 2 pass rate of 58.6% dropped from May’s local peak of 60.5%. Last May’s gap of 18.7% (i.e., 60.5% – 41.8% = 18.7%) was the largest gap in the exam’s history. This November’s gap was only 12.7% (i.e., 58.6% – 45.9% = 12.7%) and is nearer to the long-run gap of 10.6%. Historically, we’ve said that the P2 pass rate is about 10% higher than the P1 pass rate, so we’re getting back to that.
See table below for historical pass rates from GARP:
Information to Buy Subscriptions
- Bionic Turtle offers study packages for Part 1 and Part 2. We also offer three different levels within those two parts depending on the materials that you would like to access.
- After purchasing one of our packages, you will have access to the materials in the study planner, including updates, for one year.
- We offer upgrades if you find that you would like access to more materials after you have purchased one of the basic or advanced packages.
- Our Features & Pricing page provides information and pricing on all of the packages that we offer.
- Bionic Turtle’s Forum is a great place to ask questions. There are many previous and current FRM candidates who are involved in active discussions that are very informative!
- Visit our Study Planner for free samples of our materials so you know exactly what you are purchasing.
- Our FAQ page will answer questions that you may have before purchasing a subscription.